It was the annual Christmas Festival “with many of the school’s alumni present, as well as parents and friends.”
It was a community event. There were student made decorations including a clay figures and ornaments that were donated to Vassar Brothers Hospital. There were songs in Spanish and French, a capella, carols and an original song “Silent House” written and composed by the pupils.
Children of all ages worked to make it possible.
Times change and continue to change. In the 68 years since 1941 we have, among other things, developed a more inclusive and less uni-cultural approach to the seasonal celebration.
But it’s interesting to read the long history of so many of the elements of the PDS Winter Festival.