1. Safety and Community. At PDS all children are valued for who they are and who they might become. Our community respects the individual and knows every child deserves the safety, freedom and security to take intellectual and creative risks. Friendship and fun and relationships matter. Children need the opportunity to be collaborative learners as well as independent thinkers. Learning should be joyful.
2. Great teachers. Our teachers enjoy their work and thrive on helping young people grow and learn. They are skilled in their areas of expertise and truly care about the success and well being of every student.
3. Personal Attention. One size does not fit all and that applies to schools and children as it does to shoes. At PDS a student is not a number but an individual on a unique journey. We help students develop their passions and also find new interests to explore.
4. College Prep Program. Our curriculum is broad and deep at every level prek – 12th grade. It provides all students with an interdisciplinary and creative framework of skills. It challenges students to expand their worlds in new and exciting ways. The program is rich with academics, art and music and all students have the opportunity to make choices and to reach for high levels of achievement and success.. Our exemplary college guidance program helps students find the college choices that are right for them.
5. Creativity and Problem-solving. Education is no longer just about knowing facts. It is also about knowing how to find information, use information and create new knowledge to solve real world problems. And that is what happens in a PDS classroom.
6 The Changing World. Evolving technology and social media mean that we must help students develop as ethically driven self-sustaining learners for life. At PDS students are active learners and problem solvers from the start. They graduate with the skills they need to thrive as educated citizens in a globally connected world.
Questions? Ask the head of school Josie Holford: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or call admissions to find out more and take a tour of the school: Call 845 462 7600 ext. 201
Financial assistance is available.